The Hunter JO has recently received funding through the Joint Organisation Net Zero Acceleration (JONZA) grant for facilitating net zero initiatives in our region. We are still in the exploratory stages, and we would love to get Council input on where they see the most value. This could include:
- Energy audits and tariff reviews
- Developing EV feasibility studies for individual LGAs and/or a Regional EV Strategy
- Supporting and encouraging uptake of renewable energy by councils and the community
- Exploring opportunities for revolving energy funds
- Developing net zero policy or action plan templates
We are also setting up a Net Zero Network, which will be an opportunity to collaborate and stay up to date on net zero work being carried out across the region.
Want to get involved? Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
We’d also encourage you to register for the Net Zero Webinar series, delivered by the Sustainable Councils team (Office of Energy and Climate Change) and LGNSW.
The webinar series includes:
- 27 April – Assessing EV Site Feasibility
- 20 July – Lighting Specifications for Councils
- 29 August – Net Zero Pools
- 12 September – Net Zero Councils – Mid Scale Solar
- 12 October – Net Zero Councils – Sewage and Water Treatment Plant Energy Efficiency