Local Government Services
To devise and deliver revolutionary solutions to local government and their communities we first seek to listen and understand, we then commit to creating the answer they need.
Over the course of their collaboration, the ten councils of the Hunter region also initiated a number of strategic business units that now operate independently of the councils themselves. These business units were developed to focus on building capacity and skills for local councils, generating cultural and employment opportunities and assisting councils and communities to derive the best possible outcomes from local endeavours.
These business units include;
- Our Regional Policy & Programs Division, providing policy development and project management support to the Joint Organisation to deliver its Strategic Plan, including delivery of the long running Environment (HCCREMS) Program;
- Screen Hunter, bringing film production to the region, and connecting industry with our communities;
- Local Government Training Institute (LGTI), which offers training solutions to local councils across the state and Australia;
- Regional Procurement, a progressive procurement agency offering tendering and contract administration services to Local Government; and
- Local Government Legal, working with, and acting for Local Government across NSW.
As areas of opportunity present themselves and multiple Council’s require assistance in particular niche expert areas, we will look to expand the portfolio of services available. If you have needs which you feel would be best met and managed by a shared entity then please let us know – we are always open to new ideas and suggestions.