It has been a busy month for the Hunter JO’s Simtables for Community Empowerment project, supporting workshops and events across the region.
The Simtable has been featured as a part of:
- Nine workshops in MidCoast Council’s Bushfire Preparedness Series. These workshops are taking place in more than 60 communities across the MidCoast LGA that were impacted by the Black Summer bushfires and are bringing the community together to complete personal bushfire plans. During the workshops, the Simtables are used to help the community investigate local fire history, how fires may occur in the future, and how they can prepare or respond to ensure their personal safety
- MidCoast 2 Tops Landcare Connection’s Landscape and Fire Workshops at Bungwahl and Stroud, in which attendees learnt about fire behaviour and how to protect their property from bushfires
- Six Emergency Services Expos being held across Upper Hunter Shire by Local Land Services to empower local rural communities and their leaders with knowledge and information to assist with emergency preparedness
- A Simtable workshop held at Bandon Grove School of Arts in Dungog Shire on 25 January
- Three Simtables workshops in Lake Macquarie City, at:
- The new Lake Macquarie Landcare and Sustainable Living Centre, umali barai-ku – Tuesday 28 February 2023
- Woodrising Neighbourhood Centre – Tuesday 28 February 2023
Additionally, three Simtable training sessions and demonstrations were held:
- MidCoast Council emergency management staff – Tuesday 31 January 2023
- Maitland Council – Tuesday 7 February 2023
- MidCoast Landcare – Friday 10 February 2023
Find out more about our Simtables project today!