In August, we held our second quarterly Regional Planning and Economic Development Forum for the year. This event was attended by Directors and Managers of Planning and Economic Development across our Member Councils. This event provided the opportunity for networking and collaboration between Councils, the Hunter JO team, and NSW Government representatives.
The key focus areas of this forum included:
- Hunter JO Strategy development update
- Hunter JO project updates and directions
- Hunter JO advocacy framework and priorities
- Regional NSW Economic development update & funding opportunities
- Muswellbrook Shire Council Economic development update – Upper Hunter employment lands mapping (multi council approach) and other initiatives
It was a great opportunity to hear from one of our Member Council’s on their economic development and planning initiatives and we are very excited for the great opportunities that are happening across our region.