- This event has passed.
Contam Land Workshop: Decoding Technical Reports Session 1 – Preliminary Site Investigations and Sampling and Analysis Quality Plans
June 3 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
What is the session about?
The workshop will explore the basics of the contaminated land investigation process and the details of the contaminated land reporting process, with a particular focus on Preliminary Site Investigation (PSI) Reports and Sampling and Analysis Quality Plans. With the assistance of site contamination specialist, Emma Coleman of Qualtest, we will be answering questions such as:
- What is the purpose of a PSI and what are we looking for in one? (using real PSI’s as examples)
- What is the NEPM, why is it relevant?
- Samplying and Analysis Quality Plans, what are they and what are we looking for?
Who should attend:
The workshop is free to attend and we encourage a wide range of Council staff to participate. Perhaps your role dictates that you’re directly involved in reviewing contaminated land technical reports or perhaps you simply have an interest in learning about the basics of contaminated land investigation. We suggest that staff within the follow role types consider attending:
- Environmental Health and Compliance Offices
- Environmental Strategy Officers
- Development and Strategic Planners/Assessors
- Re-zoning Officers
- Asset Management Staff
- Engineering staff
Bring along your questions, or send them in prior to the workshop by contacting the Regional Program Manager Contaminated Land, Peter Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org