2021 saw significant collaboration, engagement and advocacy opportunities across all levels of government, regional networks and committees, and community groups. Throughout 2021 we coordinated seven regional committees and participated in a further 24 regional networks and committees convened by others.
We led 12 regional advocacy initiatives throughout 2021, some of which include:
- Advocacy on integrated transport planning, delivery and funding
- End to Transitional Arrangements under the NSW Coastal Management Act (2016)
- Hunter Expert Panel Announcement
- NSW Inquiry into the sustainability of energy supply and resources in NSW
- NSW Inquiry into the Integrity and efficacy & value for money of NSW Government Grant Programs
We also prepared a diverse range of formal regional submissions over the year, including:
- Preparing environmental management plans for contaminated land
- Contaminated Land Consultant Certification Policy
- NSW Regional Housing Taskforce
- Regulation Review – Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021
- IPART review of domestic waste management service charges
To read more about our collaboration and engagement throughout 2021, check out our Annual Performance Statement HERE.