The Climate Change Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Package provides support and guidance to Councils during the development of their Community Strategic Plan (CSP), Delivery Program and Operational Plan. This guide supports Councils’ and their communities’ climate change journey by providing user friendly, practical tools and templates to embed climate change throughout the IP&R process:
- Climate change commitment level framework (Section 3) – Commitment levels allow Councils to establish a vision and identity for their climate change journey. The three levels established provide typical (but not binding) narratives, which are based on the individual Councils’ resources available, risk and opportunity level for the particular Local Government Area (LGA), and their communities’ values. The concept supports the discussions within Councils when setting the scene for their IP&R cycle.
- IP&R templates (Section 4) – This section provides template wording for strategic priority statements, delivery program objectives and operational plan examples of initiatives and actions for each commitment level, in line with relevant guidelines and best practice principles; and
- Communication and engagement package (Section 5 and Appendices) – This package provides process support, factsheets, template Council papers and presentations
Climate Change Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Package (June 2022):
Climate Change IP&R Package – Communication and Engagement Appendices
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix A
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix B
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix C
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix D
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix E
- Climate Change IP&R Package – Appendix F
Act Now on Adaptation: Coastal Wise Communities
The Climate Change IP&R Package was delivered in 2022 as part of the ‘Act now on Adaptation: Coastal Wise Communities’ project. The purpose of the Act Now project was to deliver a proactive evidence-based coastal adaptation communication and engagement resource for the Hunter and Central Coast region, and provide a pathway to embed Climate Change Resilience into the Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Framework of Councils.
To find out more about the coastal wise communities communications resources, please visit the Coastal Wise Communities project page.
For more information on the Climate Change IP&R Package please contact Anna Flack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project has been proudly funded by the New South Wales Government with assistance from Local Government NSW.