We aren’t slowing down heading into 2022. With many exciting initiatives, programs and collaboration planned for the next 12 months, it is shaping up to be another jam-packed year filled with outcomes for the region.
To ensure greater regional input and influence in decision-making that will principally shape the region and its future, our advocacy for 2022 will focus on regional governance around delivery of the Greater Newcastle Metropolitan Plan, and shaping the region’s response to significant recent NSW Government announcements including the Greater Cities Commission, Royalties for Rejuvenation, and the Hunter Expert Panel.
Our new and ongoing programs and initiatives will include:
- Developing a new strategic plan for 2022-2026 that will link directly to Council priorities and Integrated Planning and Reporting documents across our region.
- Economic Evolution
- Population Scenario Planning
- Hunter Global: Our International Future
- Circular Economy
- Partnering for Growth
- Climate Change/Cities Power Partnership
- Accelerating Event Economies
- Infrastructure Prioritisation
Head to our Program Page to keep up to date with what we are working on!