|10.00am – 10.50am||SESSION 1
Communications Advisor, Cities Power Partnership
Communicating on Climate Change – Strategies to help you effectively communicate the case for urgent action on climate change to decision makers within your Council
|10.50am – 11.30am||Rob Law
Executive Officer, Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance
Regional Rollout of EV Charging Infrastructure
|11.30am-12.00pm||Questions and Discussion|
|1.00pm-2.30pm||SESSION 2 – Council Presentation and Discussion
Cities Power Partnership (CCP) Regional Focus Areas for Collaboration
This sessions is aimed at Council staff working on the CPP Partnership Program.
A number of shared regional interest / opportunities for collaboration were identified by Council staff at the CPP Regional Forum held on the 12 November 2021.
This workshop will drill down further in each of these areas and identify specific actions/projects for collaboration moving forward.
The aim of this is not to say that all councils have to share the same priorities for their CPP pledges and actions but to identify where they overlap, so that these collaboration areas can be identified and supported moving forward.
These regional priorities identified by Councils include:
1. Regional Electric Vehicle Charging Strategy and provision of fast-charging infrastructure throughout key locations
2. Ensuring Council fleet purchases meet strict greenhouse gas emissions requirements and support the uptake of electric vehicles.
3. Supporting and encouraging Community based Renewable Energy
4. Supporting and encouraging Council based Renewable Energy
5. Supporting and facilitating amendments to planning laws and controls to encourage community and industry to adopt renewable energy.
6. Facilitating advocacy and coordinating business cases that address tensions and reluctance around initiatives.
7. Regional Education and behaviour-change programs to support residents and business tackle climate change through, clean energy, energy efficiency and sustainable transport.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact our office.
Regional Policy and Program Manager – Environment
P (02) 4978 4042
M 0428 981 012