We have officially kicked off our Circular Economy Precincts and Futures Hub project, funded by the Department of Regional NSW Business Case and Strategy Development Fund.
As our region evolves, the circular economy can become an key industry for the Hunter. Our Circular Precincts and Futures Hub project is a comprehensive exploration of opportunities in the Hunter region to bring the circular economy into reality.
This project will create a concept plan, business case, and implementation roadmap for a circular economy precinct/s and futures hub for our region. These outcomes will provide certainty to industry and government, and inform what is needed in terms of funding, skills, and infrastructure to develop these precincts.
The precinct concepts will:
- Consider the context of a network of circular economy businesses across the region and four physical multi-element circular economy industrial precincts
- Explore the potential for circular processing, renewable energy production and value-added businesses
- Explore the ability to deliver diversified employment opportunities and new industries
- Consider key circular elements of existing work on renewable energy industrial precincts, clean manufacturing precincts, and special activation precincts
- Align with the hydrogen hub work already underway in the region
The Circular Economy Futures Hub will provide a trusted body to help activate and grow the precincts while being a key point for circular economy knowledge and data.
GHD has been engaged to deliver the concept plans, business case and implementation pathway. GHD will leverage circular economy practitioners, industrial ecology principals and technology subject matter experts to codesign the precincts and futures hub with stakeholders.
If you would like more information on this project, please contact Chris Dart on email@example.com