In April, the Hunter Joint Organisation organized and subsidized waste training for twelve staff from across our Member Councils. These trainees will study towards a Certificate III in Waste Management with Academy Green and will run over 12 months.
The first training session was hosted by Maitland City Council on the 23rd of March 2022. This face-to-face learning will cover a range of waste management activities such as:
- Identifying and segregating waste
- Conducting waste resource recovery
- Responding to hazards and emergencies in waste management
- Following work health and safety procedures
- Complying with environmental protection requirements when transporting waste
- Maintaining storage area for waste management equipment and consumables
You can find our more about this certificate on Academy Green’s website.
For more information about our Waste and Resource Recovery program, head to our program page today!