The $250 million Bushfire Local Economy Recovery Fund (BLERF) has been announced, with the application closing date now extended to 2pm Thursday 28th January 2021.
This fund gives local communities and industries access to significant grants to drive economic recovery.
Grants are available across 47 bushfire-affected LGA’s and offer between $200,000 and $20 million for projects such as:
- Local community and cultural infrastructure
- Tourism campaigns (including digital product development) and regional events
- Workforce adaptation and work ready training programs
- Community wellbeing and mental health programs
- Tourism infrastructure including walking and mountain bike trails
- Neighbourhood safer places.
In addition to the $250 million fund, there are a range of priority projects which will be directly funded. These will be announced shortly and bring the joint investment for the BLERF from the Australian and New South Wales governments to more than $550 million.
The fund is being administered by Regional NSW.
More information can be found at www.nsw.gov.au/blerfund
Read more about the Hunter JO’s program on Environmental Resilience and Climate Change HERE.