A new and exciting role has just been announced…
Regional Policy and Program Manager
The Hunter Region is one of Australia’s leading regional economies, one that is entering a new and exciting phase with a growing metropolitan area, greater economic diversification and global gateways that link the region to the rest of the world.
To assist in leading and shaping this new period of regional growth and transition, the Hunter Joint Organisation (JO) is inviting applications for the role of Regional Policy and Program Manager.
The role forms part of the Hunter JO’s newly established Regional Policy and Programs Division, established to facilitate and drive delivery of collaborative and evidence-based strategic outcomes across the range of action areas identified in the Strategic Plan.
This role will work closely with other Hunter JO staff including the CEO, Executive Officer, Divisional Director, other Regional Policy and Program Managers, Project Coordinators and technical staff. It will also work with a growing and expanding range of external stakeholders including member Councils (staff and elected officials), State and Commonwealth Government agencies, research institutions, business and community groups.
The Regional Policy and Program Manager will undertake a range of activities including research, planning, policy development, advocacy, stakeholder engagement and project management, that contribute directly to the delivery of a number of priority action areas included in the Hunter Joint Organisation Strategic Plan, including:
● Our economy is multifaceted, resilient and is Australia’s leading smart regional economy
● Our people and products move across the region easily on integrated and accessible transport networks
● Our communities stay inclusive, proud and celebrate diversity
● Our people have access to the full range of health care fostering active and healthy communities
● Our educational facilities support and encourage our young people and foster lifelong learning.
To submit an application email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1. Short cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role.
2. How you meet the Essential and Desirable selection criteria.
3. Up-to-date Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
The closing date for applications is 5.00 pm Monday 20th July 2020.
The Hunter JO has implemented a COVID-19 Safety Plan for the workplace and we are currently transitioning back to work at the office.
For more information or to discuss the role, contact Steve Wilson – Director, Regional Policy and Programs, Hunter Joint Organisation on 0448 401 436 or at email@example.com.